12 Taliana Lane GZR1723 Gzira Malta
NSTS is the oldest school in Malta. They have been teaching English as a foreign language for more than 50 years, all year round.
NSTS English Language Institute provides its students with a great studying environment. Indeed, NSTS gives lessons in a large, bright and colorful Maltese townhouse surrounded by a stunning garden.
Students' linguistic needs, interests, and aims are what motivates NSTS English Language Institute the most to provide their students with the best content as possible.
NSTS English Language Institute dedicated to quality
NSTS English Language Institute is client-focused. They strive to meet their students' expectations by providing them with individual attention.
The school's teachers all have many years of experience in teaching English as a foreign language and are all CELTA certified. Moreover, they hold a DELTA diploma or an undergraduate or Master's degree in English beyond the standard national qualifications.
Their main mission is to meet their students' expectations by providing them with high standard quality course while having an amazing experience.
Why Choose NSTS?
- Class sizes: NSTS keep their class size small in order to keep a more personal learning experience. They also want to favour student-teacher interaction. For example, Intensive English classes have a maximum of 8 students and Business English have a maximum of 6 students.
- Mission Statement: "NSTS fosters intercultural lifestyle, learning and travel opportunities for students and young adults to create lifetime prospects for their holistic development in a multi – cultural society. NSTS is committed to affordable, quality international education, hospitality programmes of value, and the exchange of knowledge among people, supported by a friendly customer – centric philosophy."
- The NSTS Expertise: The school has over 50 years of experience. They understand what quality means when it comes to education. The teachers are highly qualified and hold recognised certifications such as CELTA, TELT Cert and University Degrees in English. Their non-academic staff is also highly trained to ensure the well being of their students and especially their young learners.
NSTS Residence: The school owns two residences. You can either choose from a self-catering studios which are available at affordable price or if you want to save more money, you can choose one of the shared rooms.
- NSTS Campus Residence is located in Msida, only 10 minutes away by foot from the school.
- NSTS Hibernia Residence is right in the heart of Sliema, only 10 minutes away from the beach.
- Sport & Leisure activities: NSTS offer a wide variety of sports and other leisure activities in Malta.
Course starts every Monday and is for all language levels.
Intensive General English
English 16 - 99 years old
- maximize your progress
- improve your ability to communicate effectively
- have confidence in your use of the English language
- develop your listening, reading, writing and grammar skills
- experience both a tailored program and the interaction of English group lessons
- By receiving more personal attention from the teacher, we create a better climate for learning
- Small classes help you really get to know your classmates and allow you to develop lasting international friendships
There will be a 45 minutes assessment of your level of English and counselling to determine your needs and goals on your first day. Together we will plan your individual study pathway and place you in the English class that is best suitable for you.
Select type of lesson:
English 16 - 99 years old
- Read and write business emails
- Use phrases for business phone calls
- Negotiate and present your company and products
- Understand business reports
- Conduct meetings and negotiations
List of topics that can be taught:
- English for Hotel Staff
- English for Law Enforcement
- English for Banks & Finance
- English for Medical Professionals
- English for Tour Guides
- English for Pilots
- English for Airline Staff
- English For Human Resources
- English for Accounting & Finance
- English for Architects and Civil Engineers
- English for Marketing
- English for Technology
Maximum group size: 8
Average group size: 6
Select type of lesson:
Mediterranean English Celebration (Club50+)
English 50 - 99 years old
unwind to absorb the vibrant Mediterranean cultural setting.
Socialise during morning Intensive General English lessons and afternoon or evening sessions of social encounters, international networking and hands on enjoyable activities.
- Discover our beautiful Maltese Islands in a group of new international friends
- Visit Malta’s historical towns and villages, newer residential zones and charming countryside
- Interact with craftsmen, villagers, fishermen, farmers
- Introduce yourself to Mediterranean cuisine, healthy foods and cooking
- Delve into Malta’s Christianity, the life and legacy of the Knights
- Relax at the sea-side cafes, restaurants; admire the myriad of fashion shops and leisure living.
- Start: 06, 13, 20, 27 May, 07, 14, 21, 28 October
- Duration: 1-4 weeks (last course dates 31 May, 01 November)
- Composition: Level A2 and higher: 5 afternoon/evening interactive social meetings + 20 lessons of Intensive General English
- Class and activity size: average 6, maximum 10, participants
Select type of lesson:
Usually the check-in is two days before the start of the course, and check out on the day of graduation. You can change the dates in your account.
I do not need accommodation
NSTS Campus Residence in Msida - Bed & Breakfast
School residence 18 - 99 years old
- Located only a few minutes away from the Sliema/Gzira seafront
- 10 min walking distance to the NSTS English Language Institute.
- Few minutes’ walk to Sliema-Gzira seafront, open-air bars, cafes, restaurants, shops, shopping malls
- Rocky foreshore in Sliema, Manoel Island, Ta’Xbiex
- 10 minutes on foot to gym, heated Olympic size swimming pool, skate park and other sports grounds
- Great access to public transport services
- Play billiard, air hockey, table soccer and darts in our games room
- 3 single beds for single, shared twin or triple occupancy
- Ensuite bathroom
- Complete kitchenette
- Open-air terrace or sun balcony
- Study desk and storage shelf
Select type of room and meal
- Air conditioning
- Reception Desk
Media and technology
- Interactive whiteboard
- Free Wifi
- Self-study area
- Student lounge
Food and Drink
- Vending machine
NSTS English Language Institute has been reviewed by previous students on Google. Max five of the available reviews are included below.
It was a reaaallyy good time here in Malta. I gained many Experiences and I could Improve my English. When I had questions there was every time somebody at campus who could help me. My internship was also really nice because I've got challenging tasks and the people who are working there are nice. The English course were also really good, they supported everybody different which was really helpful. I thought my three months would never end, but they did :-(.
My husband and I had a really nice time in Malta. The course was very qwell organized. Our teacher Victoria was very good because she was able to create her classes for advanced as well as less advanced students. The afternoon programmes were very well planned due to our guide Joe. We definitely recommend NSTS!!!
Malta is a very very beautiful place! I'm fascinated by this island. Each city has something beautiful in it. We live in Gżira in very good hotel. On weekends, we went on trips and we admired this beautiful place. In my work I deal with computer graphics. People in work are very friendly and happy. I really like this job and I'm sorry that it's over. I learned a lot of useful things related to computer science.I think I will come back to Malta in the future. I will certainly remember this Erasmus well. Friends in my country will envy me for being here.
The whole stay in Malta is a very nice impression for me, because the people living here have a lot of respect for each other and everyone is tolerant, not dependent on nationality. Even if you have problems with English, you can get along and understand everything without a problem. The stay here was really great, I would like to stay here longer because it is really beautiful, especially the moon illuminating the whole sea at night. I have a great place to work, where the atmosphere is loose. Very nice, I will remember this place and I will definitely come back here.