EC Ciudad del Cabo
Ver el mapa
Billetes de avión
EC Cape Town School helps its students from all over the world to learn the English language. The school is based in the city of Cape Town, nicknamed the "Mother City" in South Africa. The school ensures that its students will reach the desired language level through an active participation. The foundation of its teaching is based on the four skills for learning English: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
About EC Cape Town
The aim of EC Cape Town is to help each of its students achieve the desired level of English through complete immersion in the "mother city".
To achieve this, the school has put in place several programs to learn English effectively:
- General English courses of 20 sessions per week.
Additional options are also available such as Intensive English and Semi-Intensive English.
- Professional English : To develop general English, but also professional English language skills: Problem solving, preparation for meetings, dialogue with colleagues in English...
- "English in the city" courses: This program combines 20 sessions of general English with 10 lessons of language studies related to Cape Town. One lesson per week will be spent outside the academy in a real-life situation, while discovering Cape Town and practising activities.
- Academic Semester or Academic Year: This student only option is designed for those who can study for a minimum of 24 weeks. The choice will then be made between General English, Semi-Intensive English or Intensive English.
- Preparation for the Cambridge English exams: Designed to prepare for the exam in total confidence and with all the keys to pass it successfully.
- IELTS exam preparation: Thanks to the school's Higher Score® system, teachers identify the skills to be improved in order to achieve the best possible grade on the exam.
One-to-one tuition and academic options are also available to optimize English learning through lectures, conversation classes, writing activities, etc.
The mission of EC Cape Town
Thanks to teaching methods developed over more than 30 years, EC Cape Town has developed relevant and fun courses in a friendly and warm approach.
Students come from all over the world: students from Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Brazil, France, Yemen, Libya, Switzerland and other countries.
The school makes every effort to ensure that each student reaches the expected language level. If the student has not progressed as much as initially expected, EC Cape Town makes a point of giving extra lessons and support at no extra cost to maximize the student's progress.
The promise of achieving English language level goals depends on the active participation of each student :
- Class attendance: Attend a minimum of 96% of English classes.
- Homework: complete and return three assignments per week with an average grade of 9/10.
- Participation: Active and motivated participation during classes with an average grade of 9/10.
The teachers of the school
The academic team consists of professors, published authors and educational technologists. The teachers and EC Cape Town are up to date with the latest trends and effective teaching methods, updating themselves regularly to ensure the best possible progress for its students.
Two teachers are dedicated to each student. This allows a personalized follow-up throughout the immersion in Cape Town in order to progress efficiently.
The EC school has a unique and innovative system called the Net Promoter Score (NPS), which allows a follow-up of each student in order to detect and remedy any deficiencies.
Why choose EC Cape Town?
Among all the above, six other strengths make EC Cape Town an exceptional choice:
- Courses are accessible from 16 years old.
- Immersion in the heart of a breathtaking setting and a rich and varied culture in South Africa.
- 12 classrooms, with an average of 12 students per class with a high range of 15 students.
- A student capacity of 180 students.
- 10 student computers, an interactive whiteboard and free wifi.
- Accommodation selection: student residence or homestay for a total immersion in the daily life of Cape Town.
Presentation of Cape Town and the school's activities
The city of Cape Town is a wonderful blend of ancient culture and modernity. The city is bordered by the sea and allows for water activities such as surfing.
Students will be able to walk or bike to explore the city during your language stay in Cap Town.
EC Cape Town has a variety of extra-curricular activities and experiences available free of charge or at an additional cost such as :
- A day trip to famous vineyards,
- A cage pe with sharks,
- Excursions to the Bo-Kaap market
- Hiking in Lion's Head,
- Pub nights,
- Movie nights...
And the cherry on the cake, a three-day safari is offered by the school to admire elephants and other savannah animals in their natural habitat.
The EC network has 29 schools positioned in different destinations to learn English around the world.
Instalaciones de la escuela
- Aire acondicionado
- Frente al mar
Medios de comunicación y tecnología
- Ordenador con Internet disponible
- Pizarra interactiva
- Wifi gratuito
- Zona para estudiar
- Salón para estudiantes
Comida y bebida
- Máquina expendedora
Cursos de idiomas
Los cursos comienzan el lunes (todos los niveles de idiomas)
Curso de inglés general en Ciudad del Cabo
Inglés 16 - 99 años
Duración de las clases: 45 minutos
Se solicitará una prueba de inglés online antes de su salida para definir su nivel.
Elija el tipo curso:
Por lo general, puedes llegar al alojamiento el sábado, el domingo o el lunes y dejarlo el viernes, el día de la graduación o el sábado por la mañana. Puede modificar las fechas de llegada y salida en el formulario.
No necesito alojamiento
Residencia de la calle Church
Residencia 18 - 99 años
102 New Church Street Cape Town South Africa
- Quiénes somos
- Ver el mapa
The Church Street Residence is a large, one-story Victorian-style house that has been redesigned to accommodate students. The rooms are bright and airy, and are all equipped with a bathroom, except for three who share a bathroom.
A fully equipped kitchen is available, with two gas hobs, fridges, a freezer, a kettle, a toaster and a microwave.
The dining/living area on the ground floor is the ideal place to relax, watch TV and socialize with other students in the house.
The upstairs balcony offers a breathtaking view of Table Mountain, which is perfect for a quiet drink after a day of learning English.
The Church Street Residence is exactly 2 km from EC Cape Town, which takes between 25 and 30 minutes on foot, or less than 10 minutes by taking the MyCiti bus. The famous Long Street is just a 10-minute walk away and is home to a plethora of trendy restaurants, bars, cafes and shops. It is also close to the city centre, public transport and supermarkets, all within a 5-minute walk.
- Cleaning Service Provided
- Communal Dining Room
- Communal Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
Elija el tipo de habitación/cama y la comida
Opciones / Servicios
Puede añadir estas opciones durante el proceso de reserva.