The busy seaside town of Brighton is famous not only for its historic pier and Royal Palace, but also for its many entertainment possibilities.
Brighton is a small city full of youth culture with two Universities and many other institutions, so it is the perfect student city. Packed with amazing shops, restaurants and bars, Brighton is a lively and welcoming destination for students of all ages and backgrounds who wish to learn English in England.
Our Brighton school consists of two campuses, just a ten minute walk from each other. Shops,coffee houses, pubs, restaurants and a leisure centre are all nearby. LSI Brighton offers a comfortable environment in which to learn English. Whether you choose a programme geared towards the TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS exams, the Cambridge Examination Course or one of our Standard EFL/ESL courses, you will benefit from LSI Brighton's central location, excellent transport links and fantastic student facilities that include seven classrooms and a learning centre with free internet access. Please note, currently all teaching takes place at LSI’s Portland Road campus.
- Air conditioning
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Reception Desk
Media and technology
- Computer with internet available
- Free Wifi
- Self-study area
- Student lounge
Food and Drink
- Vending machine
- Coffee shop
Course starts every Monday and is for all language levels.
General English courses - LSI Brighton
English 16 - 99 years old
Select type of lesson:
Usually the check-in is one or two days before the start of the course, and check out on the day of graduation. You can change the dates in the form.
I do not need accommodation
Homestay - LSI Brighton
Homestay 16 - 99 years old
setting while studying English in Brighton.
• Welcoming and friendly atmosphere
• Carefully selected by our Accommodation Officers and visited on a regular
• Choice of single rooms (or twin rooms if two students book for the same
time period) with bed and breakfast or half-board
• Students with B&B bookings normally don’t have access to kitchen
• All bed linen and towels provided and change weekly
• All our host offer at least one washing load per week per student
• Good and reliable transport links
• Commute time from the Brighton homestays to LSI Brighton in winter a maximum 20-25 minute walk or a short bus drive and in summer a 30-35 minute walk or a longer bus ride
• Example bus ticket price: E-ticket GBP23 per week for unlimited travel in the city (except night services) – adult tickets
• Students with an ISIC student ID card who stay for 12 weeks or more can purchase student e-tickets from GBP14 per
week (except night services)
• Arrivals between 7 am and 11 pm on Saturday or Sundays. In July and August Sunday arrival only. During low season
we may be able to accept mid-week arrivals, please check with the school.
Select type of room and meal
Portland 55 Residence - LSI Brighton
School residence 18 - 99 years old
55 Portland Rd BN3 5DQ Brighton England
- Accommodation reviews
Minimum age: 18
Rooms: Single and twin rooms available (some twin rooms are bunk beds)
Private Bathroom: Yes, all rooms are en-suite with a shower, toilet, basin and heated towel rail.
Meals: Self-catering. Student kitchen with two ovens, two fridges and freezers, two microwaves and all equipment supplied. Open until 10.30 pm. Kitchenette with fridge, kettle and microwave available 24 hours a day for when the main kitchen closes.
Wheelchair-accessible room: There is one room designed to be fully accessible to a wheelchair user, with access to the garden, kitchen and residents lounge.
Facilities: Kitchen (until 22.30), kitchenette (24 hours), Laundry with two washing machines and two dryers. Two lounge spaces available until 22.30.
Bed linen and towels with changes supplied weekly.
Important: students are responsible for changing their own bedding and cleaning their rooms during their stay. Cleaning equipment and materials are supplied. Students are also responsible for cleaning everything they use in the kitchen e.g. cups, plates, and equipment and food preparation areas in the kitchen.
Local Facilities: Large convenience store 30m, 8 minute walk to Supermarkets.
Transport: There are bus stops directly outside the building for services to and from Brighton city centre. Bus ticket cost GBP 23 per week. Train station: Hove station for London and Gatwick airport: 10 minutes’ walk.
Arrivals and Departures: Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday, checkin 2 pm and check-out 10 am.
Select type of room and meal
Options / Services
You can add these options during the booking process.